I am sorry for the delay! Things on the farm have been so busy that I haven't been able to find time to sit down and write. But now that I have time I can start.
The latest of my discoveries with the alpacas is their love of water! I realized that the alpacas must be hot considering the weather has been in the high 90s so I brought out the hose to fill their water bucket. As soon as the bucket was full, all of the girls were downing the water. I brought out another bucket, filled it, and set it on the ground. Millie went up to the bucket, put her foot in it and dumped it over. Quickly she laid down in the muddy sand and sighed. I should have guess that these funny animals would love mud!! I took the hose and sprayed the ground for about 20 feet around me. As soon as the alpacas saw the water falling, they all gathered under the spray. They loved it! When I was finished they all laid in the wet sand. Now I daily spray them, and the sand to keep them cool!

Comments

Post a Comment