A Step at a Time


Since my mom unexpectedly handed over the blog while she is vacationing, I guess I'll have to tell all of the silly things our animals do! Although I did not see this, my dad told me the story of Floreana and the water. Here in Michigan it has been pretty hot the past week or so, so we put out a bucket of water for the crias. We made sure it was low enough for them to drink and filled it to the brim, although we didn't expect much because they are all still nursing. My dad went down to the barn, and he saw Floreana checking out the water bucket. She would go up to it and cautiously look at it, trying to decided if it was scary or not. Eventually she lowered her nose into the water, but she quickly figured out that you can't breath under water! She went running to her mother, Tula, convinced the scary water was trying to kill her. Being a curious cria, she came back one more time. This time she carefully dipped her nose in the bucket and licked her lips. Her eyes lit up and you could tell she was saying "Hey! that tastes good." Now Floreana is frequently seen drinking water! Taima

Comments