A lesson Learned

One thing I have realized is that even though mini horses are cute, small and dog like when they want out of their stall or they are hungry...you better move. Today we had our final delivery of Willy's companion, Sienna. She is the quintessential mini. She has a long mane and forelock accented by a light brown body. She has a delicate physique and is basically adorable. The goats and Willy were thrilled to see her.
Karen dropped her off this evening. As soon as the goats saw Karen they jumped out of the fencing and ran to her truck. They stuck to her until it was time to go into the house. Juliette would not go into the stall to eat unless Karen went with her. We finally managed to get the two minis and two goats into the stall by using grain to entice them. I was trying to climb over the goats to get out of door when Juliette escaped and then Nana. Karen grabbed Juliette and Nana. I was trying to keep Sienna in the stall and the goats were trying to get out again. I squatted down to push the goats back into the stall when Sienna had had enough of this silliness and ran straight over me. I toppled backwards and landed flat on my back and my sunglass flew across the floor. The black cats scattered from fear. Karen grabbed Sienna and managed to finally get everyone in the stall. Whew! I thought I could hold Sienna back with my arms. Ha! She was like a freight train. Lesson learned. Minis need to be treated just as we would Luke or Midge (our full sized horses).
I will post a photo of Sienna, Willy and the goats later.

Comments