Updates


It has been a while since I last wrote about the farm. All is well. Although one of our crias is sick. He has an eye infection and needs medication administered every two or so hours. I am more or less grounded at home. And it is not as if I don't have anything to do around the barn!! Overall the alpacas are doing well. Tomorrow is toenail clipping day. I need my nephew, Ismaiel, to be here. The alpacas stand very quiet when he holds them for vaccinations. It is amazing. He has a magical touch!
The other crias are healthy and happy. Goyo is the youngest of our herd. He is fawn in color and has white tipped ears and tail. He is a character. He bothers everyone. He playfully jumps on the other crias and hops around as if he is a rabbit! He pushes the mommies, feeds off of any available teat and prances around carelessly. He is adorable.

The goats are another source of laughter. Juliette hasn't really warmed up to me yet. She allows me to rub her neck but only when she wants. Ana Nana follows me everywhere. She helps me weed the garden by munching on the weeds. She sniffs the plants and determines which are the tastiest. She then helps herself! I discovered liquid deer fence is a good deterrent for hungry goats. I like my prize lily in bloom not chomped off at the root.
Juliette and Ana Nana often clomp up the stairs to hay loft and tear through the bales of hay. The noise of two goats clambering around upstairs is hilarious!
Of course the cats are not too sure about all the noise. They prefer a quiet and peaceful barn.

Comments