Fall is here


The days are turning brisk and the leaves are changing. Their psychedelic colors contrast with the remains of green pasture. The crias are sensing the changes and trot joyfully around the paddock. This evening as I filled water buckets, Floreanna led the pack of babies in a whirlwind of activity. She literally bounced as she made loops around the paddock with the boys in tow. Floreanna is by far the fastest of the crias. No matter how hard the boys ran, they were not a match for her. As Taima aptly put it "She Peppy Le Pewed it." I thought I could hear "boing, boing" as she made her way weaving among the trees and around the shed. When she halted to a stop in front of me at the water bucket, her nostrils were flared and she gazed at me confidently. She is a quite the girl.

Comments