Mystery of Missing Socks. Solved!!


Sorting clean socks from the laundry has never been a favorite job of mine. It is a thankless and perplexing task. I could swear I threw 4 pairs of matching socks into the washer. But when they are fluffy, hot and soft from the dryer, there is only one to be found of each pair. For years this has been a puzzle. Many of my own pairs have been lost into the depths of sock land. Not too long ago, Taima's favorite green plaid socks, worn only 4 or 5 times, went into the laundry and....poof! One has disappeared. The pair have never since been reunited.
It was not until today that I discovered the truth behind this enigma. As I was sorting the recycling for disposal, I noticed one of Noah's. I had not realized it was even missing. And yet, there it was among the papers and cardboard boxes.
How it got there I will never know. But I am glad to think that next time my blue ski socks have been separated I have a place to check.

Comments