Felted ring


So I am trying to work out a few ideas to create items from fiber. I always test on wool and then alpaca after I get the basic idea. The picture is a felted ring that I made yesterday and today. I think I am a bling kinda girl. I love crystals and they compliment fiber nicely. I wet felted the ring and then needle felted it after it dried. I then sewed on the crystals. I didn't like the way I could see the thread so I needle felted more wool on the inside of the ring to hide the stitches. I typically don't wear jewelry, but I sort of like this one.
Needle felting/wet felting is an amazing process.
I did check out Etsy to see what others are doing. There are some beautiful and talented artists. I really liked

http://bohogirldesigns.com/mixed_media_jewelry and
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39565191


On another note, I found a pregnant Nigerian Dwarf, tan in color, that I am going to look at on Sunday. She is due in June! I am so excited. Baby goats are almost as cute as crias. And since I don't have crias coming this spring (they are coming in fall) the goats will be a nice substitute.
I had to update this part because Miriam was sitting next to me whining for the computer and my thoughts were so scattered. What made me think of the pregnant goat was our own goat, Juliette. She is in such a strange mood. She screams baa baa all the time, sticks her tongue out, throws her weight (and there is quite a bit) around in the paddock, and refuses to come into the barn at night. Apparently she prefers staying with the minis than with her goat pal. But the strangest part of all is the noises she is making. A really low Ruur, grurlll sound. Then she sticks out her tongue and wags her tail. Hum. I googled weird goat noises and found she might be excited or nervous. Then I called a goat farmer who told me that she probably is in heat. There was my Ah Ha moment. This hasn't been the first time she has acted this way and it usually lasts only is a couple of days. I wish I had a buck!

Comments

  1. I love what you are doing with your jewelry. Keep experimenting. Make sure to link this blog post to Fiber Arts Friday this week.

    You are like me with your trials. I always tend to experiment on wool and leave my precious alpaca for the projects where I won't waste the fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your felted ring. I sometimes crochet rings and use unusual vintage buttons for "stones".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so pretty. I am so impressed. I love the juxtaposition of fuzzy and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea..keep up the great design work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment