What is going on today.


The farm has been quiet today. We are supposed to get a huge snowstorm. We will see. Last time there was to be a huge storm we ended up getting only 2 inches of snow. The kids love snow days and frankly it is fun to stay at home and relax. Well as much as one can on a farm. Plus for me it is free labor! Three more people to help with chores or better yet to do the chores!
What ever tomorrow will bring, today is beautiful and sunny. The animals are basking in the sun. Sienna, the mini, is spread out on the ground. The cats are soaking up the warmth at the door of barn loft while the alpacas stretching their legs and roaming around the pasture.
Meanwhile I have been busy inside finishing up a few fiber projects. I have felted up a few alpaca balls for jewelry I am making. I washed a couple ounces of seconds and a newly spun skein of yarn. I am trying to get through the bags of fiber that I am still processing. It is taking me forever as I am easily distracted by other farm related activities.
This week is going to be a catch up and finish project week. I am also working on few things in the barn. Noah helped me yesterday to clip the goat toe nails. Nana and Juliette held up pretty well and I confess it had been a while. They both got peppermint/alfalfa horse treats after their manicure. We also trimmed up the cria nails. They did not particularly appreciate the whole process, but overall there were no mishaps. Floreanna, especially, was glad when I let them back into the pasture.
Next Sunday is the adult alpaca spa day.

The picture posted is the necklace that I just finished with swarovski crystals and alpaca felted beads. I think it turned out pretty nice. It is a prototype that I am trying out before I use sterling silver.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see the necklace in person. The picture is gorgeous.

    I love that you have an alpaca spa day. Mine is called, break and sweat and get spit in the face day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment