Fiber Arts Friday-Jewellry and Needle Felting


I love Fiber Arts Friday! I have set aside every Thursday afternoon to work on a project whether it be wet felting, needle felting, spinning, knitting, dyeing or thinking of fiber. I have been coming up with lots of fiber arts concepts that I want to explore, but time..time! There is never enough time for all the wonderful fun things to do. Actually this week I have been wet felting a bit. I am not sure this is my preferred method of fiber arts. My hands are dry and itch. I find with wet felting I don't have the control as I do with needle felting. Plus my hands stay soft and supple without all the water. I know, I know I should wear gloves. The only time I wear gloves is in the kitchen when I am using a cleaner for the stove top.
A few weeks ago I had hand carded a batt of alpaca seconds which I wet felted and will do something with for next week..maybe. I also felted a flower and some balls. The bracelet below is alpaca fiber and beads. I had to redo this bracelet 4x to get it right. I love the textures of beads and fiber balls.
I also needle felted this pin. I think I might be a possible needle felter. This was really one of my first attempts, but I love the process. You can go where ever you want with needle felting only your imagination to hold you back. I am planning on working with felted flowers for now until I gain some skills and then I will move on. I really want to wet felt a bowl. I should be spinning though. I have 6 bags of gorgeous alpaca fiber sitting in my basement calling my name. Maybe for next week.

Comments

  1. I really need to try out some needle felting or wet felting - the results are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara
    You are doing an amazing job with all of your jewelry so not spinning can easily be forgiven, at least by me. I am enjoying see the fruits of your creativity.

    Thank you for sharing and being a part of Fiber Arts Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate and Andrea. I am having so much fun. I really enjoy spinning, but have a short attention span so needle felting seems a bit more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jewelry is lovely. I made pins by cutting flower shapes from a felted sweater. I needle felted the centers using roving which pulled up the petals and gave the flower dimension. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that a lot! I really want to learn needle felting one of these days. Like you said - never enough time! :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment