MOPACA Invitational Fiber Arts Competition


I submitted this skein of yarn to the Invitational which took place on March 19-20. The minute the package left my hand and slipped into the letter box, I totally forgot about it. When I saw the mail tonight I quickly opened the envelope only to find that I had placed 1st in my category!! I was thrilled. I spun this skein from roving of our alpaca Tula. She is a beautiful black bay and has very nice luster. I confess that this skein gave me a fit. When I was trying to count the yardage it somehow got all tangled up and took me 2 hours to get it set straight. I was on the point of tears and/or screaming. Yarn and tangles can be so frustrating not to mention time consuming. Well it seems all my efforts were worth it.

Comments

  1. Hooray! I meant to submit a skein but didn't quite get it in the mail. Good for you for following through...and see, your spinning is good enough to get a blue ribbon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tamara!!!!! How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I was pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment