Back from India and no time to rest

Got back on Monday evening. All the animals are fine-thankfully. I am playing catch up with the garden, yard and barn. The flower beds are full of weeds and I have not started the vegetable garden yet. I mowed the lawn for the first time today. I used the Kubota and then trimmed with the weed eater. I hate those things. They are difficult to start and then the nylon thread runs out. I don't have the upper body strength to pull the stupid cord to start it. It is absolutely frustrating. But at least it is done now.
The rest of the week will be spent trimming the grass around the fence line and planting the garden and repainting the bird houses.
On another note, Anna Nana, unfortunately, has ring worm. I have separated her from the other two goats and she is being treated with fungicide. I didn't realize that is what she had and I touched the area on her back. Grr. New goat is huge and due in about 15 days. I cannot wait!!
Outside I can hear the beginning of a spring storm. The wind has picked up and thunder is rumbling. I finally got the pool all set-algae gone, chlorine just right and now it is going to rain. Ahh. Never a moments rest on the farm.

Comments

Post a Comment