Speaking of Gardening...

I have been complaining a lot about weeding. It just doesn't seem to end. The weeds seem to grow faster and denser than the flowers. I am going to remove three of the flower beds with grass so I can spend more time doing the things I enjoy, i.e. Family, fiber and animals. I must say, however, that there are some benefits to gardening once the weeding "caught up." So far I have planted 14 flats of flowers, rows of bush beans, eggplants, leeks, peppers, onions and herbs. I am going to forgo the tomatoes this year after the blight hit last season. When canning salsa I will have to buy a few bushels.

My perennial garden has blossomed early this year. I noticed even the black raspberries are beginning to bear green fruits. I don't usually even think about raspberries until July! With all the negatives of weeding there are benefits to gardening. Here are a few photos of what we are growing on the farm. (This is mostly to keep me motivated as I still have about 2 full days of weeding).


Two Currants


Gorgeous Honeysuckle Vine


Blueberries!

Comments