Wool Fest Placings


I sent some fleeces to Alpaca Wool Fest in Lake Farm Park, Ohio in June. I was a bit nervous as it was my first fleece show. I wanted to get some feedback from the judges as to the quality of my animals fiber.I sent in 3 cria fleeces and 4 herdsire 2oz samples. I was pleasantly surprised when I received the fleeces back with all animals placing!!

Delphine, our male cria is rose gray. He placed 1st.

Goyo a medium brown cria, placed 2nd.

Floreanna, a gorgeous dark silver gray with a micron of 19.1 placed 4th. A bit of a disappointing result. But I will try her fiber in another venue.

Our herdsires were as follows:

GA Kahula the Kid: bay black, 2nd place.

GA Captain Cavalier: medium brown, 2nd place.

GA Blazing Ben: light fawn, 3rd place.

GA Andrew the Great: light rose gray, 5th place.--I like the color of the ribbon!

For our first fleece show I am rather pleased. I will be submitting these to the MI show and possibly one more.
Now I have to get some great photos of the ribbons and post them on our website. I am leaving that to Sam. :)

Comments

  1. Congrats! I am going to start promoting at fleece shows instead of halter shows...better feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! A. you don't have haul animals. B. you get to stay in your home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment