Spun necklace



This necklace was a bit of mistake. It actually started as another project but ended as this. I added a lot of twist to create the jigs and jags in the yarn. I used alpaca dyed in purple kool aid and combed top pink merino. The clip at the back of the necklace is a vintage clip on earring. I would do a few things differently next time. I would take the ends of fiber and crochet them by wrapping them around the back of the necklace to ensure its durability. I would also try to twist the fiber a little more and I would use darker colors for the coming fall season. My kids voted for a necklace in black alpaca with gold bling.

Comments

  1. Some of the best creations came from mistakes. I love it but, I have to admit that a black with gold would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and this is just a prototype. I wore it tonight to a friend's party just to see how it would work. It was good. I wore purple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet that necklace was lovely with purple, LOL I'm really interested in the Fiber Festival at the Coopersville Farm Museum...C'ville being my hometown...wonder how I missed seeing anything about that...gotta go research. Happy Fiber Arts Friday Tam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment