Welcome Esmeralda



I calculated the dates when Meddlin Millie was to have her cria. Obviously i was off. Not sure how this happened. I usually can pinpoint fairly accurately. I thought MM might have her cria in a week. So yesterday I was busy with a pellet stove in our studio above the garage. I lit it early in the morning so the studio would be warm by the time I finished feeding the animals. When I finally got up there two hours later the entire room was full of smoke. Grr. I spent the whole morning messing around with getting smoke out of the room and did not get to do all the fun things I had planned. Anyhow this explains why I did not see that a cria had been born. It was my son who relayed the exciting news. He had gotten a ride home with a friend and they were viewing the alpacas. He was very surprised to see Esmeralda in the pasture. He called me on his phone and said "There is a cria here." You can imagine what was running through my mind such as "Where are you?" ( I thought he was still at school) and "What are you talking about?" Sometimes teenagers really don't make any sense at all.
Long story short we have a beautiful new cria-FEMALE! And she seems she is going to be rose gray which is hardly surprising as her sire is a medium rose gray and is aptly named Andrew The Great.

This is Miriam and Esmeralda.
My son named Esmeralda. My family gets angry because I always name the crias. I told him my only condition is that he choose a name of a geographical location in South America. It is my "theme."


Pretty cute!

Comments

  1. Very cute, she has a big name to live up to for such a tiny little bit, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment