Alpaca Rugs




As shearing season quickly approaches I am happy to say that this year I don't have bags and bags of unused fiber. I still have a lot of fiber but it all has either been processed or will be soon. I have a few show fleeces from last year that I am hand washing and posting on my etsy store. I also have some bags of naturally colored seconds left from last year's shearing which now also have a final destination.
When I first purchased my animals they came with bags of fiber and then I had my first shearing season as well. I wasn't sure where I was going to go with my fiber so it piled up a bit. This past summer I was able to move it all and get it out of the bags and into a product. This will be my third year of shearing. I have already marked the animals that will get show fleeces and the which animal's fiber will be made into roving, yarn, etc. All of the animals can contribute to these beautiful rugs. I sent out the fiber a while back to Ingrid's Texas Rugs and just received them this week. I chose simple patterns of mostly stripes or solids. Each one is 2 x 3 trimmed with cotton fringe. I think I need to keep one for myself.

Comments

Post a Comment