Dyeing and Spinning


I had a lot of fun dyeing, blending and spinning this skein. I started with Alpaca, of course. I have a couple of pounds of white pencil roving from our pretty girl, White Lace.

I took about 1 1/2 oz of fiber and dyed them in two hues of pink. I then blended the darker pink with merino, cashmere, peony angelina, silk noil, banana silk and small amounts of colored merino. For the lighter pink yarn I started to core spin with an acrylic yarn. It is actually 50% wool/50% acrylic. I ended up wrapping it around my pink single. I had a bit of twist that relaxed when I plied the yarn. I ended up with 70 yards. Still deciding what I am going make from this skein.

I also had so much fun dyeing alpaca locks. I took 1 oz fiber from each of Floreanna and Delphine, my two yearlings, and over dyed the fiber. I used purple on the dark silver gray locks and flame red on the rose gray locks. I am planning on dyeing some more this week. I got busy with taxes and reorganizing my office and never got back to dyeing. Hum. I should have thought taking my office apart before I actually did it. I cannot even put one foot in the door. It looks as if a tornado swept through the room!



That is all from my farm for this week. Check out lots of wonderful fiber people at Wonder Why Gal and Natural Suburbia!

Comments

  1. You said the nasty T word! I've been avoiding taxes. Fiber is so much more fun and I just love the color of the yarn on top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know about T..I have been putting it off and finally caved. I do a bit of work each day. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors! Your alpaca fiber is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn is delightful and I love the purple alpaca. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors Tamara. Can't wait to see you Sunday. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment