Friday Fiber Arts-Felted Purse


Welcome to Friday FIber Arts! This week we had snow days and lots of non-fiber related projects going on so I did decided to post a purse that I made when I first learned to knit about 4 years ago. I took a class at a local yarn shop and we knitted this purse. I picked my out my colors from Lamb's Pride wool. We learned to knit and purl and felt. I also learned how to mattress stitch, make an i-cord and cast on/off. Not in that order of course! But it was great for a beginner as it taught all the basic techniques for me to go out and knit on my own.
I use this bag a lot in the winter from carrying books around or as a... purse! The pattern we used for the class is Fiber Trends Fabulous Felt Totes designed by Leigh Radford. There are three sizes that you can make from this pattern. This is the medium size bag. I found the button at the yarn shop. It is made of clay and stamped in the exact color turquoise blue. That never happens when you are looking for something specific! I couldn't believe it myself. That is all from VVF this week. Enjoy FAF!

Check out all the other great Friday Fiber People at Wonder Why Gal or Natural Suburbia.

Comments

  1. That button really completes it, doesn't it? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag. I never took the beginner's knitting class because I didn't want to felt something I knitted. I still haven't...intentionally. Your bag is great! I love the button too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment