Friday Fiber Arts-A Great Fiber Find


A few months ago I ran into Salvation Army and lo and behold there was a pile of cones of yarn! I was so excited. I quickly grabbed them and tossed all seven in my cart. The price was great! At .99 each it was a chance I couldn't miss. When I got home I found some of the yarns had a tag on the inside of cone. I was able to determine that there was some wool, acrylic and wool, and cotton. I looked up the manufacturer online, Yeoman Yarns, to see what was the content of the boucle yarn.
Twirly Curly Bird pointed out some uses for the yarn from core spinning to felting add ins. There is quite a bit so I am sure I will keep busy with it for awhile.
I love great finds especially when they are fiber related!

Comments

  1. I'm always amazed at what you can find in stores like the Salvation Army.

    That's a huge score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! I especially like the pink one. Have a great weekend Tamara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to my local charity shop, you'll find a lot of old acrylic I gave away a couple years back ;-)

    Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never scored anything that good at Goodwill or such... yet! I remain hopeful, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find-I have friend who finds all her yarn at goodwill-I've never been as lucky. Have fun coming up with lots of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice find! Now that I'm weaving, I look for coned yarns just because it makes warping easier. Yes, you won't have problems using that yarn at all.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy yarn, thanks for sharing some with me! The black and white and the boucle worked awesome for a couple of core spun I did the other day! I still have plenty left for more projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look fun! What a great find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never found awesome yarn outside of LYS ... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment