Fallen Tree


I have been watching this birch tree the past few days. I am not exactly sure when the top broke off. I think it was about a month ago when we had a huge wind storm. At first it looked as if it would fall by itself and towards the woods. However, I finally decided today that I must do something about it as it seems as if it isn't going to make things easy and behave itself and fall away from the chicken coop. The way it is caught on the trunk of the tree it is stuck pretty good. I took a survey of it yesterday and I am not sure that I can get it down myself. I thought about pulling on it, but don't want to be caught underneath! Who has time to have a broken leg? Not to mention any other injuries. I also thought about getting a ladder and a chainsaw but no worries that thought lasted a total of one second. The chainsaw is one machine on the farm I do not use! Gator, fine. Tractor..fine. leaf blower..fine. Heavy but fine. But not the chainsaw. I know me and I always have some weird thing happen. Tractor stuck in the compost pile, gator clogged in snow, breaks don't work on the mini-van, etc. so I don't want to take any chances with a chainsaw. It scares me actually. And imagine on a ladder?? No thanks. So I am going to have to call someone to take care of it. That someone will be my husband. Sam, are you reading this?? Can you please fix this tree??

Comments

  1. Yikes! I'm glad you did not get a chainsaw, I'm with you, scary! But that sure is a nice patch of blue Michigan sky showing through those trees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment