Friday Fiber Arts-Knitting Wrist Warmers



I am attempting to pick up knitting again and realizing that I need to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. When I first started knitting I was focussing on felted purses and did not have alpacas. Now I have all this beautiful alpaca fiber and would like to make myself a few items. I found a nice EASY pattern for wrist warmers on Lion Brand Yarn Company. The pattern is Cottage Wrist Warmers. I am not using the suggested yarn obviously because I have my own. And because I am really awful about being told what to do!!
However I did check my gauge and am fine in that aspect. It is a simple lace pattern. I purl the first row and the second row is "K1 *yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 (repeat from *). Easy right? Oh my gosh, I must have started over 10x. I start and then the phone rings and I forget where I am. Am I at k2, sk2p? Aggh! I finally learned to finish the row before setting it aside. I confess this is the second attempt to knit these wrist warmers. I tried with another yarn and was totally unsuccessful. I just could not concentrate. I pulled it out at least 4x. I set the whole project aside for a month and now I am retrying the pattern with different yarn and a new mindset. It is easy pattern yet I cannot get my mind wrapped around the project. I am not going to give up. I am determined to finish it. Even if I need to put it on a shelf for a while.


So I am sharing my first two rows today! So far so good.

And my lovely yarn was spun by my dear friend Curly Bird. She spun some of my alpaca Delphine, wool (merino, teaswater, romney), mohair, silk, desert sunset firestar, silver iris angelina. It is gorgeous. See her etsy shop for more beautifully hand spun yarns.
Check out the other awesome Friday Fiber Artists at Wonder Why Gal & Natural Suburbia.

Comments

  1. Dealing with the YO on the next row is always an issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought I recognized that yarn, thanks for the plug friend! Yea knitting, these will be beautiful! I've messed up my stitch pattern on occasion...no one noticed but me! Give yourself permission to enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restarting a project several times? I am so there. You will finish it. Yes, you will. :)

    Happy fiber Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll love them when they're done - wristwarmers are perfect for early spring weather. I've got a pair on the needles right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to keep plugging away! I love wrist warmers and ankle warmers too.Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two rows look great! Thanks for sharing!
    And love the yarn CurlyBird!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! You might also want to try a pattern like KalamazooKnits, Maiden Touch which is all knit and purl. Great first time mitts pattern plus you support a local pattern writer. The yarn is so beautiful that a simple pattern will still let the beauty shine through.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday...and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking great! Love the colors and the little sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will post the finished project. Thanks for the support. I feel motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed at anyone who can commit to such a project and focus long enough to do it. Looks good so far!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lookin' good so far!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment