Dinner on an Open Fiber..oops Fire.

Sam getting the fire ready.

I just did not feel like cleaning the kitchen and thought we could use a change for dinner. I took some halibut filets and made a slit in the side. I stuffed each one with a lemon slice, cumin, coriander, chopped green onions, olive oil and parsley. I wrapped each filet in grapes leaves. I couldn't quite get the grapes leaves to wrap all the way around the filets so I used aluminum foil to enclose the fish. Then I opened the fridge and searched for some vegetables to cook as well. I had 3 packets of mushrooms tossed in soy sauce and oil. 2 packets of sliced potatoes and 2 packets of green beans tossed in olive oil, salt and a squeeze of lemon. Sam had started up the fire and then he cook up our meal. I made a green salad to accompany all this delicious food. It was very good. The fish had a smokey flavor, light yet not overpowering. I had soaked the grape leaves for 20 minutes in cold water before I wrapped the fish up. This took the bitterness out of the leaves and left a wonderful flavor which imparted in the fish. Next time I might add a bit more lemon and pepper. I highly suggest this meal if you just don't feel like slaving away in the kitchen or you want a change for dinner. The bonus was that the kids thought it was great!
Fire nearly ready.
The food is almost done.

Comments

  1. Yumm, next time you can invite me! Great post, I wonder how the condo board would feel about my digging a fire pit? lol It sounds like a great time, and a delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us find out if your condo board will mind! I can bring a shovel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment