Friday Fiber Arts & Farm Friend-2 weeks to finish a skein of yarn


Oh boy! This skein took forever for me to finish. I have a black and dark silver gray alpaca mix in roving which I really wanted to spin up to see how it looks in yarn. I started spinning it about 2 weeks ago and I finished Tuesday night. It sat unplied on the bobbins for 7 days and then plied on a bobbin for three days because I couldn't find my tape measurer to set my skein winder at a yard and half. Now it is finally finished!!

My wrislets got set to the drawer for this week. I just haven't had a moment to concentrate and knit so maybe by August I will be able to post a photo of completion.

As far as farm activities this week..well mostly my time has been occupied, not to bore you, by feeding goats and feeding animals and cleaning the barn. I did acquire two chicks from my daughter's friend who was asked to prom by a boy. Huh? Yes. It is true. He bought two Bantam chicks and put them in box with food and water. He wrote on the box that she, the girl, is the only chick he would want to go to prom with. So of course she said yes, accepted the chicks and then realized she couldn't have them at home. As we live on farm she thought we could take them. We lived up to the expectation and now they are in my basement under the heating lamp. I hope they both are hens. I already have a rooster and he is beastly. I cannot take my eyes off of him when I enter the chicken pen. He comes after me and one time even landed on my head and scratched my forehead. No permanent damage to me thankfully! So if by chance I have a rooster or two I might be having a free giveaway on Twitter....just in case anyone is interested.



Off to go feed goats. Enjoy Friday Fiber Arts and Farm Friend Friday!

Comments

  1. What an original way to ask for a date! Here's hoping they're girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yarn, I bet it's soft and pretty! The chicks are so cute, I know they will be happy in your chicken yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the yarn looks good, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that story! Super sweet and romantic. If you want some hens...we can always give you some since we raise them from chicks on our farm.

    Your yarn is beautiful and definately worth the wait.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little chicks.

    I think you yarn turned out smashing.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's the best way to ask for a date I've ever heard.

    Frankly I'd be pretty happy to make a skein of 2 ply yarn in two weeks and I don't have goats to feed. Tho I am entertaining puppies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My granny had a rude rooster when I was a wee girl ... it ran at us and knocked us over and tried to claw our backs. One day not long after it knocked over my baby cousin, we had rooster soup.

    Your yarn looks fluffy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite an ingenious way to ask a girl out on a date but I am a bit sad that he didn't think beyond the gift giving of a live animal. Ah, youth! It's great you gave them a home and I hope they are hens for your sake. I don't think you need anymore roosters around your place, hehehe. Hope to see you tomorrow at spinning. Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't amazing how people know who they can pawn their chicks off on. That's a really cheezy way to ask someone to prom. Can't believe it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yarn is beautiful and those chicks are adorable. Hoping they are hens!

    happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment