Friday Fiber Arts & Farm Friend Friday-Lots of fiber & Getting Garden Ready

What a week! I washed, washed fiber and more fiber. My friend, Curly Twirly Bird graciously had me over to use her Pat Green Picker. What a honey that machine is! It looks like a medieval torture chamber but with careful attention you can pick a whole lot of fiber in a short time. It is fabulous. I finished quite a bit of fleeces. I am going to spin some of it straight from the cloud while the rest will be carded into alpaca pouffes.




Update on my horrible barn stall. It took me one week to finish cleaning it. Unfortunately I have a couple of things that just couldn't fit in and need a place elsewhere in the barn. My gut tells me to get rid of them. I know how that goes. The minute I send them off I will be searching everywhere for them because I suddenly am in need of them. Maybe I will shove them in the hay loft.


Meanwhile Sam and Noah put these concrete blocks to make raised beds in the garden. I brought over some compost from the monster pile and mixed it in with the soil already in the bed. The whole garden turned out nicely. I just need to add my plants which are on order from Seeds of Change. TOC offers a package of 6 seedlings of your choice. I purchased 12 plants- tomatoes, peppers and squash. From experience one zucchini plant is more than enough. We were a bit sick of eating fried, pickled and baked zucchini!

Now why don't you check out Wonder Why Gal and Verde Farm for more Fiber Arts and Farm Friends?

Comments

  1. I've been spreading alpaca beans over my garden bed getting ready to till them in. Your problem stall looks to be fine by me. Better than even the cleanest I've ever had mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy busy week. I love the promise of a new garden. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That barn stall looks fabulous!!!! That is one heck of a job you did.

    Good luck with the new garden. This black thumb will cheer you on from the sidelines. However, zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate brownies - now that I can help you with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tehehe, your stall is so much cleaner than my whole barn.

    I love the garden idea using the blocks. I want a garden but...I don't want to weed. Next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try a picker one of these days-sounds like it makes quick work of a big job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still waiting (impatiently) to get out in the garden. If the weather improves, I might actually get my raised be assembled this weekend. Sadly, I think we're still weeks away from being about to plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We won't be able to get out until after May 15-last day for a chance of frost. I am going to use hoop and wire to cover the beds so that I can plant sooner.
    @Voie de Vive Um! Did not think about brownies or bread. Will do that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your barn and garden look wonderful, that's a great idea using the concrete blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That basket of fiber looks soft as a cloud for sure. Happy Fiber Arts Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing everyone's raised garden beds, and it has me thinking. I might have to try this.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment