4th of July Alpaca Style

Well what can I say? I was cleaning the photography studio (which I now have taken over with fiber) and my drum carder kept calling me. So I dropped the vacuum and carded up these three batts on my Louet Jr. Actually I started one of batts in April as a Phat Fiber template but ended up not using it and went with another color combination for my Phattie samples. I diverge..as I was rummaging around in my fiber stash I found the template. I thought "hum This will make a fantastic 4th of July themed yarn. So there you go, I carded up 3 mini batts. I am going to spin these but am waiting for Tour de Fleece with Team of Wonder

So what is in these batts? Dyed blue alpaca, white alpaca, cream alpaca, natural fawn alpaca (there is a theme here) silk noil in red, white and blue, banana silk in white, and red angelina. Pretty fantastic blend!



I am thinking that I will spin these batts as a single thick/thin yarn. I have been practicing my technique. I will post a photo when I am finished.

Comments

  1. ooooooh! Me likey! I am LOVING all of the batts, roving and fiber our team is sharing so far. These will be gorgeous! Yes...my drum carder has been keeping me busy at night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, pretty! You had the right idea always trade off vacuuming when the carder calls. Love to see how they spin up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment