Fiber Arts Friday-Weekly Roundup

I started off the week with good intentions...but I didn't progress on my spinning at all! I spent most of the week pulling my hair out trying to capture, humanely, a raccoon that keeps breaking into my chicken coop. It does help to have a properly working trap! Figured that one out the hard way. I also battled an eroding hill and found a Bantam chicken that had been missing. She is currently hatching 10 eggs. I will post photos next week. So here is what I did not get done.
Purple locks spun with crystal beads

Punjabi sunset, yet to be carded. Components are all assembled but no sari silk. I guess I could've added Shalwar Khamise silk!


Juxtaposed.This one is going to be interesting. Pink alpaca for the beginning then black and will be plied with a strand in the same colors but black then pink. I need to dye more pink paca.

Hopefully I will have some finished skeins to show off for next week. Check out Andrea's blog for some really amazing fiberistas! Happy FAF!

Comments

  1. That's a gorgeous spin you are composing there lady, I'm excited to see it spun up! Love the sequins you've spun in to your finished skein, great spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, looking forward to the Punjabi sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, I love all the materials you have gathered for your batt. I can't wait to see the yarn you create from it.

    The two color yarn will be beautiful and I loved the beaded purple.

    Squeal! I can't wait to see the finished yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be fun to see how that batt turns out-keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that color orange and yellow! It reminds me of candy corn. It was so nice seeing you on Wednesday night. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've had quite a week. I'm guessing missing chickens don't become found very often. Congratulations on your soon to be larger brood.

    The Punjabi Sunset looks like it's going to be much fun.

    Your other yarns are georgeous too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment