Tour De Fleece Day 4, 3 , 2, 1

Day 4
This is purple not brown. I over dyed silver gray fleece with a shade of purple. I have spun about 2 oz so far. I kept leaning back in my chair and falling asleep! No kidding. I finally gave up and crashed on the couch for a nap. I finished my batts this evening. This one is going to take a me awhile. I am dyeing more locks tomorrow. I might need quite a few. I think I might actually 3 ply this one. We will see. I am also debating about adding a string of silver thread. I think this will help me with Control (Not the Big Brother kind). I am practicing this technique among others.



Day 3


O.k. I didn't really do much on day 3.

Day 2


My dyed and hand carded batt "4th of July Alpaca Style." Single ply so far. Might actually ply this with a strand of red merino. Not sure yet. I may just leave it. It is drying now after I set the twist. Not very much on the bobbin. I carded 3 ounces but spun a thick n thin single. The yarn also has angelina, silk noil, banana silk...all my favs.

Day 1
Had one strand of alpaca, Nightengale, and wool dyed blue so I plied it with a strand of cotton and added beehives. It is hard to see the beehives in the finished skein as the strand of cotton has a lot going on. Total yards: @ 266. I named it after my Grandma's hand woven rug she had in her house.

Comments

  1. Looking good. I know what you mean about falling asleep behind the wheel (tehehehe) I have been getting up super early in the morning to find my spinning time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive! Like the first one a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment