Fiber Arts Friday-Spinning, Dyeing, Carding, Photography and Salsa!

Fiber Arts Friday this week found me busy. I just couldn't decide what to do so I tried it all. I have been sick for about 3 1/2 weeks now. Before that I was on vacation for 2 weeks. In between I dropped my daughter off at college and my other two started their busy schedules at school. As I was feeling better and everyone is off at school I hit the pavement running. Here is what I did this week:

First I thought I would spin 2 skeins. I did not quite meet the challenge. One is done and the other is on the bobbin. I still need to dye the fawn skein. The pink/brown skein has purple beads incorporated into it.

Don't look too closely at my uneven bobbin. I was talking to my daughter and got distracted!


Next I wanted to dye some fawn alpaca. I used Greener Shades Dyes in Ruby Red. Got a nice variegated look. I also dyed in purple, but it is currently on the drum carder.


Then I wanted to card a bit of Nightengale, my dark silver gray paca. I have about 2 oz and am seriously thinking of recarding it with some black angelina. We will see.

Finally I needed to take pictures for my Phat Fiber sample. Sometimes I find taking photos a pain. There are days when the light is just right, the battery is charged, the card is not full and I have inspiration. Others, as in today, I couldn't get it together. I had to postpone while I charged the battery. Finally I managed a few shots.

What I did not finish:

1. I still have several, actually more, fleeces that I need to skirt. I really, really need to finish them. Just not too excited I guess. I get bored. So yesterday I popped over to the library and check out Orhan Pamuk's book Red. I am going to try to listen to that while I skirt away!

2. Salsa that has taken me 3 days so far because I keep stopping to work on fiber. One day it will canned in jars.

I think I about covered my week. I hope you all had a good one. Head on over to Andrea's blog to read about what all the amazing fiber artists have been up to this week.

Comments

  1. Wow, you've had a busy few weeks! Your hard work shows, hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM,salsa! I love salsa, especially homemade. Your yarn and the batts look lovely. Your gray with the angelina will be sassy...do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy doing everything! I like the purple beads mixed in with the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy Salsa! Love the red fiber and I've made a lot of lumpy bobbins like that. Sometimes I get to spinning and it's going so smoothly I forget to stop and move the single to the next hook. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! All of that this week?!? You deserve a break. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That homemade salsa looks wonderful! I can almost smell it through my monitor. LOL!

    For as busy as you have been and not feeling well, you have accomplished a lot. Your spinning is lovely and don't worry about your uneven bobbin. I get into a rhythm when I'm spinning and forget all about moving the spun single to evenly load the bobbin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much lovely fibreiness! And the salsa looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment