Fiber Arts Friday-Knitting Lace

I finished 2 kerchiefs and a small shawl. Now I am moving on to a capelet. I found a really pretty pattern in Stitch 'n Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller. The pattern is Spiderweb Capelet by Erin Weckerle on page 110. I chose Classic Alpaca Yarn in the color of cinnamon.
I love knitting with alpaca and I had this yarn stashed on a shelf. It will be perfect for this project. It is a lovely light, lacy pattern. Lace is a new step for me as I never have knitted anything this "complicated" before so I am looking forward to the challenge.

I have started just a wee bit. I need to sit and concentrate on the pattern..not much quiet time around my house. I will probably be blabbing on about this for a few weeks!!




Photo taken in my new photo light box.

For those of you who submitted a suggestion on how to get wrinkles out..Kathryn and Ally...please send me your mailing address and the color angelina you would like to play with!! I will get that out to you!! Thanks for helping me out!

Comments

  1. I have to agree with you about lace. It requires complete and total attention. Something I don't have a lot of right now. ;-)

    Your background looks wrinkle-free. How did you end up getting them out?

    I don't see a place to email you. Could you send me a note? alpacamundo at gmail dot com

    I've never worked with angelina. I don't think I've ever even touched it. So I have no idea on the color... maybe white or light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's why I don't knit lace. I can't sit still long enough to concentrate ;-)

    The photo turned out great. Glad you have your light box finally fixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great happy color, I can hardly wait to see more pictures, and your light box is quite fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the light box ... what a great photo!

    Lace is demanding. It is like a two year old with a cold, wanting mom's attention nonstop (I don't have kids, just something I've observed). Looking forward to seeing it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you finally got that fabric to submit. You can give me the angelina next time I see you. Your photo looks great especially so since I love the red yarn. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I was out of town and was not able to respond earlier! Appreciate all of your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment