Friday Fiber Arts-First Post of the Year!

Welcome all to the first post of 2012 FAF! I am looking forward to a year of fiber fun with all my friends on Wonder Why Gal's blog. I actually am getting a slow start. I have not spun yet this year. Kind of sad...
I have knitted these cute little cuffs from my hand spun and Classic Alpaca. I sort of made up the pattern as I went along. They are simple knit/purl with a couple of yarn overs/K2tog in a few rows. I have wanted to make some cuffs for awhile to wear as I am always cold. I am not completely finished. Can you see the safety pin? I haven't stitched them up yet. I may add a lace edging in crochet. We will see..




Goals for 2012-Let us be realistic. Please!

1. Finish the cuffs.
2. Finish all WIPs. No cheating on this one.
3. Learn two new spin techniques.
4. Attempt to post more fiber projects on this blog.
5. Finish skirting fleeces. Please do this immediately.

That is all. I am not going to have a bunch of things that I will feel overwhelmed about and then not be able to do. That is what I do. I get stressed by self imposed rules and then I cannot do anything. Ridiculous. At least I know myself. he he.

That about wraps up my Fiber-round up. Skip on over to Andrea's blog for a peek at more fiber fun!

Comments

  1. Wonderful cuffs, I love that you are knitting and making up your own patterns! Those are great goals, looking forward to the new year and all the great doings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I realized that after I posted the photo that the cuffs also need to be blocked. There is a lace patten and it looks all bunched up. Thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo they look cozy warm. I've been wearing my fingerless mits around the office and love them. Amazing on how something so little, yet made from alpaca, can keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the brief resolutions list. I think that's three more than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cuffs are great! Realistic goals are good too...and just think, you have a whole year to accomplish them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You list looks very good and manageable. I have to stick to my un-resolution to relieve the guilt. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you'll be able to limit yourself to this list. It looks reasonable and should allow you to relax a bit... If you can let yourself relax ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment