New Boys on the Farm

A couple of weeks I purchased some new alpaca boys and brought them home. They come from full peruvian bloodlines and I am looking forward to adding their genetics to my herd. It has been quite a transition for them. I wasn't sure which boy was dominant. I found out a few days ago after they settled in and felt comfortable. I was trying to look at Charger's fiber in the paddock when suddenly his eyes became really big and he looked as if he was ready to spit. I turned just in time to see Bandit running towards us. I ducked just as they spit at each other. It was quite the tussle. They don't seem to fight very often but when they do they really go at it.

I since have moved them with my boys and they seem to be doing fine. Bandit walks the fence a bit but Charger has joined in with the crowd. Unfortunately I don't have great photos of either one yet. Here is Bandit after their big spitting fest yesterday. Yep he is green.

Comments

Post a Comment