Another day on the farm.


And continuing in May..The Job Fair May 3, 2012
The Job Fair at Eastern Middle School was today and I needed to be at the school ready to go by 7:15 am. Ha ha. Unfortunately I was too tired to take the fences up to the school to set up the pen yesterday. Although I woke at 5 AM fed animals I still was running late. I had to drop off Noah at 6:30 for jazz band so we could have the extra car. It was about 6:40 AM when I got back to the house and pulled the truck into the barn to load the girls. I picked Esmerelda for her easy temperment. She wasn’t too sure about getting into the backseat of a Honda Ridgeline truck but she did so with a bit of pushing and lifting. Taima and I thought to take Adele but she totally wigged out on the halter and we decided to convince Isabella instead. Yohoo we were in for a trip!! She refused to get into the car and we had to literally lift and push her. After a bit of coaxing we got her in. She cushed and away we went. When we got to the school we were, of course, running late and the busses were arriving. Esme happily jumped out of the truck and went to stand on the grass with Miriam. Isabella would not get out. We had to encourage her and then finally lift her out. Once on the ground she walked more or less to the doors but then had to be pulled/pushed inside. She was not a happy camper. She cushed right outside the fences and would not move. We had to move the fence panels around HER!! Getting back to the truck to head home was much more of the same. Noah held the lead rope while Taima and I carried Isabella out to the truck! People took photos of us the whole time. Apart from the fiasco of getting alpacas in and out of the truck the job fair went really well. I had four sessions and discussed alpaca farming. I broke out after 15 minutes and let the kids look at the alpacas. And they were the stars! The girls did really well with all the attention and I was proud of them. It was really chaotic because Northern and Eastern high school switched seniors for the senior prank and there were tons of kids. I settled the girls in their paddock. They were relieved and happy to be home. Then it was time for me to run errands and do some lawn work. Later in the day I vaccinated the girls and closed up shop for the day. What a fun and exhausting day.

Comments