May 7, 2012 Monday Sick today, again. Raining on and off. Slept most of the day and did not get anything done but the bare minimum. I did finish plying the black and yellow yarn and set it to soak for 15 minutes and then to dry. I like it! (on the left in the photo).
A note on the bunny: Mrs. Calliope Bunny has been running free around the barn most of the time now. I let her out of her stall (yes she has an entire 12 x 12 stall to herself) and she takes off out around the side of the barn and straight...to where?? Into a hole that one of the feral cats dug right into the last stall at the back of the barn! She hangs out digging holes in the sand. She has already dug into the goat stall. She will stay there for a bit and then sneak out through the hole back into the farm yard. At first I was really worried about her. But she stays up by the barn and all the cats including the ferals have sniffed her. And they seem to know that she is not food. In the evening she comes into her pen by herself. She is so happy. If I am going to be away from the barn I will put her in her stall, but if I am down there working I leave her to run free. May 8, 2012 Tuesday In bed again in the afternoon. I did, however, have a bit of energy and managed to clean up around the house. I fed the animals. Jane has been especially friendly. trying to spend a bit of time with her. Oh, she is a cat, by the way.
Around 4 pm I mowed the girl’s paddock. It took about 45 minutes. I love to drive my Kubota!! I decided to mow the path as well and by the pond. I didn’t feel like going back up through the barn gates so I tried to get out of the small gate on the side of the paddock. The post and the gate have settled into the ground and moved farther apart so there is a gap. I solved this by using a clip to keep the gate latched. I am sure that can be fixed. But I digress... I was determined to get out through this gate. I didn’t have a lot of energy due to the stupid flu so I just couldn’t use my arms to squeeze the post and the gate toward one another at the same time and unlatch the clip holding them together. So I did actually use my leg and wrap it around the post and pull it toward the gate and opened the clip. I cannot believe that worked but it did! Really am appreciating the leg muscle I am building up from my horse lessons. I know this sounds so weird. But where there is a will...there is a way!! Then I was able to unlatch the clip and let the tractor out!
Finished the mowing and went to sit down. Really tired! Topped off the evening at Noah’s band concert and then home at 9:30 and straight to bed.

Comments