More from May 2012...


May 4, 2012 Most of the day was spent preparing the house and running errands for the fundraising event for Syria on Saturday. I fed and watered and swept the barn. Mohja Kahf, the guest speaker, arrived in the evening after her flight was delayed. We had several families for dinner and stayed up late speaking of the condition of the Syrian Revolution. I should mention that my husband is from Syria and immigrated 21 years ago. He still has family living there so this catastrophe is near and dear to our hearts. May 5, 2012 Fed and cleaned the barn. Mojha’s son Kinan helped me to hay the animals. We ate a traditional Syrian breakfast. And hung out. She prepared her speech and I got to spin my “bee” yarn and we waited until 4:00 and we fed the animals again and watered quickly. I shut up the barn early so we would not be late to the lecture. The lecture was awesome!! Stayed up late and talked more about Syria. Rained again at feeding time. Mohja got to feed the animals and she was thrilled!
May 6, 2012 Sunday Rain off and on, but light. Not feeling well today. Must be getting the flu. Fed and watered the animals and did not spend more time down in the barn today. Too tired. Mohja and kinan left around 12:30 pm. I did get to spin and finished the bobbin and began to ply the yarn. Chester sat on my lap and I got to relax with him a bit.I love my kittens! Must have cleaned the kitchen at least 10x today! The kids a had a bunch of friends over. Finally finished off the day with writing the draft of minutes for MI-Alpaca and fixed last month’s minutes. Wondering how everyone did at the show in Davisburg!!

Comments

  1. I wish I could offer some comfort for your in-laws in Syria. Such a wretched situation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment