Rubber Ducky in the bathtub. Wait...It is a real duck!

Meet Prudence the Pekin duck
She is one of 6 that reside on the farm. I purchased my ducks last March when they were cute little yellow fluff balls. They grew pretty quickly and I soon realized that I had 5 males and one female. I found another breeder that was willing to trade males/females and I kept one male and brought home 4 females.

Prudence was one of the new ducks to come home. I didn't realize until we put her in her new house that one of her legs was slightly crooked. She cannot keep up with the flock when they run around outside and she tends to stay by herself in the barn stall. She, by default, has become the nurse maid.

She rarely leaves the barn stall and I need to be sure to put water out specifically for her. She doesn't bathe regularly but when she does she hops into the pool and allows me to spray her with the hose. In this frigid weather that we have been having she has not cleaned herself at all. So I decided that maybe I should help her a bit.  I am not sure if she is really thrilled with the idea.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Tara: You may end up with a ducky friend for life. Maybe you can find ducky diapers and keep her in the house. Have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete

Post a Comment