The Ultimate Omelette

A duck egg omelette with foraged garlic mustard.





First you crack a few duck eggs in a bowl.                   Add a bit of 1/2  & 1/2 , salt, pepper.


 Chop a bit of foraged, young garlic mustard to add to the eggs. 


 Chop 1/2 a tomato into small pieces.


 Dice up a bit of red onion.

Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet and fry until soft. 


 Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Sorry for the blurred photo. I was trying to take the pic and pour.


Let the egg mixture cook at minute until the edges look done. Then using your spatula, push the egg mixture back and allow the liquid to pool on the bottom of the skillet to cook. I use this method because I do not like any uncooked egg.


Now to flip it! Oops. It folded in half. I usually can successfully flip it. Okay, no worries.





And now to add cheese. Your choice. I used Parmesan.

 Et Voila! Your duck egg omelette with foraged garlic mustard! Yum!

Comments

Post a Comment