Blending Alpaca Fiber..And Loving It!

I could hardly wait to finish my chores so I could get down to business and blend some alpaca that I dyed late last week. As always I use an eco friendly dye and the colors turned out perfect and happily not exactly planned. I enjoy surprises occasionally.
Today I blended 3 small batts with various fibers. I bought this fantastic bag of mixed fibers from Yarn Hollow. There are a lot of bits and pieces in many colors.
I blended the pink/purple batt with purple angelina.


Then I spun it to see how it turned out. I thought this fiber should be named Barbie Doll Glitz. It has Barbie written all over it.


Next I blended a peachy/pink dyed alpaca roving from White Lace aptly named Peach Bliss. In the first picture the color is off a bit. I blended white/yellow silk, bfl in dark brown, bits of blue/green silk noil and dusty rose/aurora angelina. I can't spin this up until I finish with Barbie.


Another view:


I think I am addicted to fiber blending. The combinations of fibers and colors are endless. It is so much fun that I didn't want to stop to eat dinner!

Comments

  1. ooooh, I am loving blending too. Yours turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty, love the sparkle from the angelina and the combination of colors!

    Julie
    http://alpacameadows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I had so much fun. Angelina turns any blend into a beautiful fiber!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment