Friday Fiber Arts PhatFiber Sweet Shop and some knittin


Thought I would share my Phatfiber sample contribution this week for Friday Fiber Arts. The theme for this month is Sweet Shop. I chose some of my creamy alpaca fiber and twisted it together with hazelnut (dark fawn alpaca) and mocha (bay black and rose gray alpaca) into delicious tarts for spinning. Each packaged sample has a felted ball and some sprinkles made of felted fiber. It was so much fun to create and dream up a confection I hope is worthy of Willy Wonka's Factory! I got to take a peek at a box from last month and was humbled by the amazing fiber artists that contribute samples. Plus it was so fun to open a box and discover all the wonderful treasures inside.


My knitting project, unfortunately, has suffered this week. I am going to spare you the boredom of posting a photo that shows only four more rows. The reason I am so behined is that on Sunday we had three new kid goats born on the farm. I have been busy feeding them with a bottle 4x a day. Mama Faith goat was touch and go for the first few days after delivery so we decided to let her reserve all her energy repairing her body.Check out my previous blog to read about their harrowing birth!

This is Taima, my daughter, feeding the babes.
Check out Wonder Why Gal, Natural Suburbia and Verde Farm to see what fiber artists and farmers were up to this week!

Comments

  1. Yummy! Love your Phat contribution.

    The little kids are so cute! Bottle feeding is tough but it is so rewarding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your phat fiber contributions!

    You have such a unique way for presenting your fiber and it look delicious to spin.

    I want to visit the kids! My Bears want goats...argh! They are too cute!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much cute here! The swirls of fiber (in their packaging) and the baby goats, whee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! The goats are really fun. WWG you can come over. I was going to call you as I have some questions for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - where is the cuteness button for those baby goats! Also really love your Phat Fiber box contribution - they should be a big hit with recipients.

    No need to apologize on the knitting. It will be there next week. :)

    Happy fiber arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fiber samples in those cute little boxes. Very nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Tamara, the kids are adorable! Sometimes knitting progress is not so important. I love hearing about your activities on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that means momma goat is doing better today and that you won't be bottle feeding for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for momma goat's speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the well wishes for Mama goat. She is still terribly thin and we won't be able to milk her for the kids. It looks as if we will be milking for about 3 1/2 months. But the amount decreases from 4x a day to 1x. It will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your Phat fiber sample is awesome.

    I just love when we have babies on the farm.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. The babies are so cute! I hope their mama is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fiber is beautiful--looks like pretty flowers :) Your babies are adorable too! Thanks for sharing with FFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment