Friday Fiber Arts Tour De Fleece Day 5, 6

Welcome to Friday Fiber Arts! Hope you are are having a great day. Check out Andrea's Blog for more Tour De Fleece updates.

Here is my update for TDF Day 5:

Still working on the purple alpaca. It is taking me longer than I thought. I ran out of fiber and needed to dye more.

On left is the purple and on the right is the original alpaca color. I have already washed this fleece and just have to dye it. It takes a couple of days to dry so I am getting behind on my spinning. I still need to ply my 4th of July skein. I cannot decide what to ply it with. I might ply it with a strand of red merino (still needs to spun) and a strand of gold thread. Any thoughts?
I am thinking of another skein to start. It might include small babies. HeHe. I know THAT has got you wondering!

Day 6
I spent most of the day in my barn fixing things. However I did take photos from my garden for color inspiration.





I can see many wonderful color combos from my flowers. We will see what I already have dyed up and ready to go. Have a great Fiber Day! Keep on Spinning.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful garden!
    ...and yes, small babies?!?!? I AM wondering!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fiber and flowers! (When any of those beauties needs dividing, I'll be happy to have some starters!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colors and flowers. Good luck on your plying woes. I'm sure you'll find the right fiber to ply with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...that's what a weed-free garden looks like, tehehe. I like the red and gold idea to ply with your patriotic yarn. The gold would be super sassy.

    I love having flowers and nature inspire my color choices too. The overdyed gray is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty photos Tamara. The dye color looks great on that alpaca. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! @Melissa..Of course you can have some flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same problem with my first yarn on the tour. I'ts just going to remain on the bobbin until I can figure something out.

    Lovely pics of your flowers.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shots of your garden... especially the lily. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment