Fiber Arts Friday-Single ply spinning & Shawl Knitting

Yippee for Fiber Arts Friday! I managed to work on a few projects in this bitter cold snap we are having. My latest knitting success was posted on WIP. Now I am working on another shawl and knitting with alpaca. The yarn is complied from many leftover bobbins of hand spun yarn. The great aspect of this yarn is that I can keep adding to it as I go! The pattern is a bit of a free form one I downloaded from Raverly (stockinette stitch with a couple of YO). I am enjoying the knitting process and am surprised as the colors unfold into an interesting scheme. As you can see in the photo:
Next I debated about plying this strand of alpaca with a gold thread but changed my mind. I have been sitting on this bobbin for about 4 months (not literally, of course!) and finally decided to leave it as is. I hand dyed the fleece and added some angelina to give it a bit of sparkle. I also added a bit of banana silk. My intention was to create something with an Indian flair. Not at all sure what I will do with this skein.
That about wraps up my week. Check out Andrea's blog for lots more fiber fun.

Comments

  1. Such pretty yarn!! I'm sure you will find the perfect project for it!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that yarn looks gorgeous. Whatever project you choose I'm sure it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl is looking so, so soft!
    The yarn is beautiful - just let it marinate in your stash, and a project will come up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, love the colors in your handspun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think that shawl will be very nice.

    Glad to hear you guys finally got some cold weather up that way.

    BTW, think about Tibetan Mastiffs for LGD. We love our and our breeder is expecting puppies next month. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brown alpaca is lovely ... it looks like it will be so warm! Alpaca is just so wonderful to work with.

    Where do you get banana silk? Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knit faster! I wanna see how it looks finished, LOL Don't know how you find time to knit when you have to spend so much time chasing those naughty goats. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with AllyB. Knit faster. Those shades of brown are lovely and will make a gorgeous shawl. I love the colors in your other yarn too. Depending on the yardage, it would be perfect as an accent edging on a shawl or even a cowl. I'm thinking "Keep me warm" projects right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment