Fiber Arts Friday

With the weather turning nicer the barn is demanding more of my attention. I guess it can be called "spring cleaning." And I was elated to haul out the sorely missed water hose! I am sporting some nice arm muscles due to hauling water buckets all over, but am relieved to not have to do that if possible.

I unfortunately did not get as far as I wanted on my fiber arts project. But here is the beginning. I am planning on trying my hand at a wet felted bowl. I am going to use carded alpaca, compliments of White Lace. I will embellish the bowl with pink merino and alpaca dyed in onion skins. I think it will be pretty. Below are the tools I will use to make the bowl. I cannot wait to take the scissors to the medieval torture chamber--a pair of panty hose! As I was sure no woman created the pantyhose, I lookws it up and yes, we can thank Mr. Allen Gant of South Carolina. Figures it was a man.

I will post the results of the bowl on the next FAF. If any of you have created a fiber bowl in the past and have suggestions, I would welcome them. Thanks.

Comments

  1. I'll look forward to seeing your bowl, sounds like an interesting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your bowl. It's always fun to experiment with something new.

    Thanks for sharing in Fiber Arts Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm looking forward to seeing this in progress. I've never done felting and it seems like a bowl would be a cool first project to try. So please show us how you did it when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the bowl! Your onion-skin dyed fiber is so pretty -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment