Fiber Arts Friday




I just got in back some of my alpaca that was processed by Morning Sun Fiber Barn in Wapello, IA. It is gorgeous. I am so pleased and cannot wait to get my hands on it and spin it. Unfortunately I have to fix a few things in the barn..i.e. a fence that the Anna Nana the goat keeps wiggling her way underneath.

I had MSFB blend my white with fawn to create a lovely Cafe Latte roving. The black roving was blended with bay black and rose gray. This roving has a slight reddish tint that I don't think is picked up in the photo. Stunning. I haven't thought of a name for it. Any suggestions??

And for FAF I made a few felted flowers. I mixed alpaca and wool. The alpaca is dyed in horsetail weed, avocado and Kool Aid. The wool I purchased merino tops from the MI Fiber Festival last year. I added some vintage buttons to embellish them.

Comments

  1. Call it Strawberry Blonde.

    I love the roving and I'm so happy that you got your roving fast than expected.

    I love the flowers and the buttons are a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are lovely! I have some raw alpaca fleece I'm working with this week, it's so fun!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it? I like to experiment. downside is that it doesn't always turn out.
    Humm...Strawberry blonde.. That is a thought. I might name the darker shade Mokka Mokka with a cinnamon twist. A bit long...but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your felted flowers! They are darling. They dye turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers look so happy! They would be a great accent to any project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment