Friday Fiber Arts-Art Tarts


As snow is threatening to fall today and I still have to do a few winterizing chores I will be a bit brief today...

This is one of my newest items that I sell at expos and on line. Curly Bird Express helped me brainstorm to come up with this cute packaging. I thought that I would share.
I used 100% alpaca and/or alpaca hand carded with various materials; silk, fire angel, cotton, other wool, some hand dyed, thread, sequins, etc. Placed about 1 /4 oz into a coffee filter and packaged them into bakery boxes. I topped off the 'tarts' with a felted bead. I thought this would be a fun gift idea for spinners or felters.

Check out all the fabulous fiber arts happenings at wonderwhyalpacafarm@blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Cute idea Tamara! I especially like the brown/blue combo in the top center spot. And don't even mention snow yet...I have to get some tires and a battery and REALLY don't want to.LOL Happy Fiber Arts Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! Very inventive. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these kits in person and they are adorable in presentation and the fiber is gorgeous for spinners and felters.

    Here's wishing for lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat in me just "felt" the need to roll in these :)

    Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to package these. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt as if I could take a bit! Thanks for all the feedback. Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment