Friday Fiber Arts-This and That

This week was a hodge podge of activities. Mostly I updated my Etsy site and attempted to organize my messes piling about my house. I had my share of tweets too! Thankfully I was able to cross off 1/3 of the items on my full page of "things to do list".
So what I did work on was a bit of dyeing some pencil roving and putting together a spinning kit that I might remove from Etsy and spin myself!

This was dyed in pink and purple. It turned out to be fuchsia.

And a spinning kit for February in honor of St. Valentine's Day. The felted balls will be a great addition to the spun yarn. This could be core spun. The pink pencil roving was dyed in Greener Shades. The white tussah silk is a new product on my Etsy store. I am debating between banana silk and tussah silk. I cannot decide which one I prefer to spin with more.



Other exciting news at VVF is that we are now a member of the Phatfiber Team. I am so excited. We will be making our debut in February for the Gems/Minerals sampler box. That about rounds out this week for FAF. Hopefully I will have some newly spun skeins to post for next week and I hope my to do list will be finished. I know...wishful thinking.
.

Comments

  1. Wooo! Glad to hear you are now a Phattie! I'm hoping to get a Feb & March box! Can't wait to see if I get any of your goodies! Still anxiously waiting on a ring kit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on checking off some to-do list things. It's great that you're going to contribute to Phat Fiber! I love that peach color tableau you've created for the photo. I love the fuscia pencil roving. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, great post! Love the colors! (Phatties unite!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are great and have me thinking about spring.

    Congrats on joining Phat Fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that first photo looks like a fiber rose. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I am really excited about Phat. And senistar..I forgot about that. Will get something together for Spinning Meet up on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely beautiful spring colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on PhatFiber....I keep saying I'll get going with it but life keeps getting in the way. I wish you the best of luck and lots of sales. As usual, your roving are beautiful!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment