Fiber Arts Friday-Fiber Expo in Ann Arbor

This week found me scrambling to get all my inventory marked and ready to go to the Ann Arbor Fiber Fest. I also did a makeover on my booth. By now one would think I have the hang of hauling all my inventory and props to a show and setting up. Lots of vendors bring small trucks full of their props and inventory. I have seen creative ways to display skeins of yarn by hanging them from oversized drying racks to stacked neatly in large baskets. When you are one vendor in 100 standing out is difficult. It takes a few expos to figure out what you need and what is the best way to display your items so that your booth stands out.

I decided this year to keep my props simple. I mean simple in the fact that I can lift them by myself. My theme has always been vintage but I added a few pieces to pull it all together. I did purchase an antique wood ironing board for $10--great purchase!! Sorry I cannot show pictures yet. I have all my things packed, stacked and waiting in the garage for loading. But here is a really cute alpaca instead:

If you are planning on attending the Fest stop by and visit us. Darlene is coming with me to help out. I am looking forward to a weekend of fiber immersion!

Comments

  1. I'm intrigued by the antique ironing board! Looking forward to seeing pics after the event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful and very successful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you tomorrow! That is a super cute alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful show, I'm sure your booth will be a stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute alpaca :) looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't see you at setup...looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definately looking forward to the photos. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! It was great and I will post photos on FAF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment