Fiber Arts Friday-Wrinkles

I am writing once again about photography. Photography has been the reason that I haven't posted too many blogs. I don't really enjoy taking photographs. I find it time consuming, annoying and basically irritating. Kinda funny because my husband is an amazing photographer.
A while back I made a really lame photo box. It was not too sturdy and when I was rearranging my fiber stash I inadvertently dropped a box on it. Oops. It was crushed.
I decided I needed to get serious. I finally found one on Ebay and ordered it. Pretty good deal I think at $32.00 + shipping. So here I am with this awesome photo box and actually some excitement about taking pictures and I cannot get the backdrop to cooperate.
See how wrinkled the backdrop is???? GRRRR.

The worst faux pas in closeup photography is a wrinkly background. The kit came with 4 different colored backdrops and I want to use the white one for my rovings and yarn. I have been working on trying to get the wrinkles out all morning. This is why I am so late posting today. I stuck it in the dryer with a damp towel (3x because I kept forgetting to check when the cycle was over). I ironed it with steam, water spritz, magic sizing, and lavender spray. Each time I increased the temperature on the iron. I don't want to burn the synthetic material.

Go natural fibers!! They are so much easier to work with.

I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?? I will send an 1 oz of angelina, in your choice of color, to the person with idea that works! Help....

Comments

  1. Take it to the dry cleaners. ;-)

    They can get wrinkles out of anything and will cost only a few dollars at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, your husband's photographs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I want a light box .... can't wait to see the pictures you take in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how to get the wrinkles out of that but I use poster board on three sides (sometimes two) and always natural sunlight plus Legolas (my awesome Canon Powershot)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the wrinkles...I know the folks where I work use one of those steamers like they use at department stores to get the wrinkles out of the green screen that they use for video production. Have you tried a steamer, not an iron but a hand held garment steamer? That might me your answer. As always Sam's photography makes my heart ache it is so beautiful. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the suggestions. I will let you know next week who is the winner of the of the 1 oz of angelina!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment