Fiber Arts Friday-Weekly Roundup

Have you ever spun something you weren't satisfied with? I am not very pleased with this purple skein and crystals. I spun the strands too thick and I did not add enough crystals. It looks rather sparse. Definitely not what I had in my mind. My daughter graciously asked if she could knit something from it.
On another note, I did card up my Pakistani batt and began to spin it. I spent quite a bit of time add "beads" to the skein and it didn't work very well. I tried to spin them in with gold thread and then wisps of fiber. Neither worked very well. I will now ply the beads on gold thread. I think it will be really pretty. I still am plugging away on this skein so I will post photos at the finish. Have a great weekend and happy Fiber Arts Friday! Pop over to WonderWhyGal for more fiber fun!

Comments

  1. I stink at plying with thread. It always kinks up on me. The one time I put beads on the thread and then plied turned into a nightmare and required 2 people to finally finish it. Best of luck on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel too badly about the purple skein. It sounds like your daughter LOVES it and I bet you'll be surprised with what she makes with it.

    Your Pakistani batt is lovely! I can't wait to see it all spun up!

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, absolutely.

    I got a wild hair and navajo-plied a yarn that I had planned to leave as a single. The next day I was upset with myself and tried to un-ply it which didn't work. It's still in my stash without a plan because I no longer love it. :-/

    I agree with Dawn. I think you'll be surprised by what your daughter makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the beads. It's frustrating yet beautiful once you figure out the trick to the right ratio/spacing. The batt looks delicious like an Orange Creamcicle. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty yarn, I bet when it's knitted up the beads will sparkle themselves into just the right places and you'll find it's the perfect amount.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someday I was learn how to spin my own yarn. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, I had the opposite problem with beading .... I put on way too many! Whatever I make with it will weight a lot. I like the purple skein ... think of it as understated elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fiber is beautiful! What is the color? Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I had quite a time with the beads too but worked it out in the end. I found any way I spun with beads it was time consumming.

    The Pakastani batts looks yummy. Looking forward to seeing it spun up.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment